Monday, August 1

And I Swear, It Just Gets Better



Friday was such a good day. Really, there are so many cool things happening right now. I can't divulge them all just yet...




But know this...




I am winning!




And what better way to celebrate said winning than to wear your new, surprise gift...Cherry Red Doc Martens! Oh my good god.




Let me tell you the story. Catherine (my 12th grade English teacher) and I have stayed in touch. We write each other good, old fashioned "put-pen-to-paper-stick-a-stamp-on-and-find-a-mail-box" letters a couple of times a month. (As well as these new whizz-bang "gone-in-a-second-even-if-you-didn't-mean-to" emails). 




Anyway, a couple of weeks back Catherine asked for my shoe size. She would tell me nothing more and my growing curiosity was sated when I arrived home on Wednesday night to find a great big box waiting on the kitchen counter.




What could it be? How about...Cherry Red Doc Martens! I swear, as soon as I glimpsed the corner of them in there I snapped the lid back shut in shock. I've wanted Cherry Red Doc Martens since I was old enough to know what they were! And here was a pair! For me! That fit perfectly!




The best part of all is, I know there's a story behind them. And I can't wait for Catherine to share it with me. 




Because not only will the story be something special. But it will be told by one of the best storytellers I know.


Sunglasses: Dangerfield
Shirt: Jay Jays
Badge: Jay Jays (?)
Dress: Retro Star
Tights: Gift
Bag: Gift
Rings: Gift & was Mum's
Boots: Gift!! 



8 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise! I was just talking about pen pals with my friend the other day. I really want one! Maybe i need to do a shout out on my blog and find myself a pen pal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your outfit!!

    http://coilymystic.blogspot.com/

    http://zoelove.bigcartel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your hair looks awesome in that second pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those doc's. I really want to get a pair, and I love the colour of yours.

    Pretty pin as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay to winning.. Love the docs.. People always say they are ugly but I am always buying them!

    All the best, Angel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colored docs = SO GREAT.

    The boyfriend keeps trying to get me to give in and buy myself a bright purple pair because he knows how much I want them.

    I keep telling him that's what Christmas and Birthday Wish Lists are for ;)

    You rock the cherry reds. Can't wait to hear the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a friend that you keep FOREVER! I love how you paired them with the matching tights. It's so reminiscent of my high school days ... ah ... high school ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rock docs and florals like no other, but I'm sure I've told you this a million times :D Coolest present ever. Almost. After a bunch of old frankies. :) I'm sorry we have lost touch lately. I'm catching up. And making time for people that matter. You definitely do lovely lady. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.