Wednesday, February 23

Some Things Were Meant To Be


It's been years since I owned a black denim skirt. I found this one on the clearance rack at Myer (hello old friend) marked down from $30 to $21.



"$21" I thought, "I don't know, that's pretty steep". (How cheap am I? Very, apparently. But it's weird because I'll think nothing of spending $150 on skin cream. But maybe that's because I've never seen my brand on a clearance rack. Anyway, probably a good time to end the bracket here...)




So I stood in the fitting room mulling it over when eventually I thought, "I've got that $20 voucher, I'll just grab it." Off to the register I went, still half unsure. Did I REALLY need it? Did I REALLY want to spend my hard earned voucher on a black denim skirt that I didn't REALLY need.




Oh for gods sake Selise, it's a $21 skirt. Just buy the thing. After some stern internal dialogue I handed the skirt over. "That's $7.50 thanks", said the sales girl. I about choked. "$7.50?" "Yep". Turns out $7.50 is exactly the amount I needed to decide that I did REALLY need it. 



And you know what? I didn't even use my voucher. I'm saving it for my next bout of retail turmoil.

Bandana: Gift

Sunglasses:  Cotton On
Shirt: Tightrope
Badges: Junk store and gifts
Bracelet: Diva
Ring: Diva
Skirt: Myer
Shoes: Rubi

1 comment:

  1. I really love these pics! So cool!
    Follow me? I'd be very happy if you do it!
    thank you so much!
    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.