Monday, December 13

Cooking with the Captain


I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce a new, somewhat regular, feature on my blog - "Cooking with the Captain".  


Ya'll may remember my good friend Pines Grand Fortescue from this post a couple of months back. Every so often we get together and cook something crazy. Well, not necessarily crazy, more something that takes hours and hours to make, requires at least 2 hands and feet worth of counting to get all the fixings and usually has some sort of outrageous ingredient involved (this time it was illegal cheese! Well, it's only recently become legal but it's a lot more exciting to say illegal).  


It is one of my favourite things to do and we always have a blast. So I thought I'd share the love.


The latest foray into culinary delight took place on Saturday and boy did we have some fun. On the menu were:
  • Goats cheese and asparagus quesadillas with tomato jam and coriander yoghurt and
  • Calamari and blackened tomato soft corn tacos with salsa verde 

Hot damn they were delicious.

And since cooking is such thirsty work we treated ourselves to:
  • Watermelon mojitos
  • Pineapple chili margaritas
  • Tequila and sangrita
  • Tamarind and chipotle magaritas and
  • Assorted beers

A truly fantastic time was indeed had by all.

1 comment:

  1. Fuggin' Bob. Always gotta permeate my Girl Zone with his pretentious feasts. That Tamarind thing was alright, though. I guess he can stay.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.