Monday, August 30

The "S" Word


Tomorrow is the last day of winter. I may just wear all black to mourn its passing. Sure I might have enjoyed sitting on a blanket in the sun yesterday, but that doesn’t mean I’m ready for it to be spring already.


It was a bit of a big weekend at the ol’ Casa del Sailors. Well, it was a big Saturday night really. It just sapped a good part of my Sunday along with it. We went to dinner for Skenty’s birthday (happy birthday Skenty!) and then onto the Bang Bang Boss Kelly EP launch at the Old Museum. It was a great night.


OK, maybe I am a little excited about all of the BBQs, lawn bowls and Sunday sessions in the sun that the warmer weather brings.


I’ll be especially excited if I can find some of the dresses that I’ve been imagining in my mind. I’m talking a respectable length that doesn’t need tights to save the day. Unlike this guy. He’s been good to me, I’ve got to say. I’m so much happier with it than I ever thought I would be at first glance. It’s light, comfortable and flattering.


But like the majority of the things in my closet right now he’ll be making his way to the bottom of a suitcase in the spare room wardrobe before too long. Unfortunately Queensland weather does not lend itself to layering once it hits any season beginning with “S”.

Blazer: Target
Shirt: Myer
Dress: Myer
Belts: Myer
Tights: ?
Shoes: Vivienne Westwood

Saturday
Broach worn as hair pin: Gift
Blazer: Target
Shirt: General Pants
Singlet: Big W
Ring: Diva
Skirt: Was Mum’s
Tights: Dangerfield
Shoes: Vivienne Westwood

3 comments:

  1. Awesome layering. The patterns go so well.

    Woot your bone tights! THey are just so chic!!


    Ps. It's so weird that winter is ending for you, but summer is ending for me. I can't get used to the idea that people in a different hemisphere have different seasons. It boggles my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I am IN LOVE with both looks here. Esp. the patterned one. WOW, nice!

    Also, I think you would enjoy living here (west coast of BC, Canada). We have perfect layering weather all year except for June and July and most of August (with a few September exceptions).

    But again, I am drooling over your outfits (as usual).

    heart: moi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the coolest little details in your outfits Selise! Love the clip, and the pattern on the dress. Ah, you always look so rocker chick. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.