Tuesday, August 24

Get Out!


I’ve reminded myself a little of Elaine Benes today. It happens when I wear Mary Janes and socks. Particularly white socks. Mostly ankle socks but apparently knee highs too. Plus there is quite an early 90’s vibe to the rest of the get up.


When my boss saw me this morning she commented that today’s outfit was… “different”. In that tone too. I told her that I had to keep pushing the boundaries and she agreed that I definitely do that.


Checks and polka dots don’t seem that “different” to me but I suppose they’re not really a wardrobe staple for a lot of people. Certainly not a work wardrobe staple. I’ve found it interesting to see the difference over the last year or so with work clothes. It used to be that we made sure a load of blacks were washed right away on the weekend so that we’d have clothes ready for work on Monday. Now I will wash and wear whatever I feel like regardless of colour. I always ensure that I am decent, modest and groomed but I won’t limit myself to a “work skirt”. I’ll wear a blazer when I want to wear a blazer. And you know something’s up if it actually forms part of a suit.


Not that there’s anything wrong with that...

Flannelette: The Reject Shop
Necklace: Gift
Dress: Cotton On
Singlet: Target
Belt: Myer
Socks: Myer
Shoes: Chemist

4 comments:

  1. I think you look superb! Love the cotton on dress - does it come with that lace underneath it? Or did you add that? It looks perfect with Mary Janes. What book is that? The close up pic where you're covering a bit of her face... looks just like you I think. Hehe.

    Hope you had a wikid weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous. I totally adore your style! You are so much fun and clever! ADORE.

    also, where do you work? office? something like that? curious is all.

    heart: curious me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, LOVE. (And not just because I'm an enormous 'Seinfeld' fan!)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.