Wednesday, April 14

Dress Me Up. Take Me Out.


Well this all turned out rather well. I was knee deep in a wardrobe crisis this morning when The Man stepped in and saved the day. “I think you should wear that dress.” Sold. I had never considered wearing this combination until about 1 minute before I put it on. I had the leggings on already from a plethora of failed outfits and once I put the dress on with them it just seemed a natural progression to add the jacket. Then the brown belt and shoes to break it up. Win.


We’re off to dinner tonight for Ro’s birthday (happy birthday Ro!) so I wanted to wanted to wear something nice. I actually feel a bit like I’m masquerading as someone else in this outfit. I’m really happy with the look, in fact I love it. I just feel like someone much more polished and pulled together than the real me. Look! I’m wearing a blazer and leggings and ballet flats! It makes my feet bones look all small and refined. It makes my feet bones…OK so apparently small looking “feet bones” is the answer to looking polished. I worry about me sometimes.


I’m thinking I might need to start keeping track of when these wardrobe melt downs occur. See if there is a pattern. Plus I like the excuse to use an Excel spreadsheet. Friends, I am a massive nerd.

Blazer: Target
Dress: Melrose Ave
Belt: Myer
Leggings: Myer
Shoes: Rubi

2 comments:

  1. SUPER cute. Your man is a maven. You should totally do a spreadsheet of meltdowns. Great idea! I do notice that they're more frequent for me when the seasons change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, the man! This looks awesome! I love it with the brown details!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.