Friday, March 26

Valley Girl


I went to bed last night with no idea what I wanted to wear this morning. I felt a little scared, a little liberated, I wanted to see how I would go with no forward planning. I love what I ended up with but have to be honest, it's a look that I've had in mind for a while. 


I bought this skirt a while back for the J-Pan Fan launch and didn't realise until I got it home and had taken the tags off that the stitching had come undone on some of the pleats. Being that this skirt is all about the architectural pleats I felt that I should get it mended. Which I did but I ended up paying more for the mending than the actual piece. I guess that will teach me to take it to a dry cleaner in the middle of the City. It's all about the 'burbs guys.


Ultimately I am glad I got it fixed though because it feels much stronger and I'm sure I'll get a lot more wear out of it. Today I decided to take it to the 80's. A little Valley Girl influenced if you will, with this fantastic green denim jacket and the trusty pink Keds.



I do not know what is going on with my hair. I used a new conditioner and seriously all it wants to do is hang in thick, heavy curls. As I write this it's all tied up underneath a bandanna but it certainly was a struggle today. I honestly believe my hair has a mind of it's own and once described it as follows:


If I were an illustration in a childrens book my hair would have birds flying around in it and would curl in every conceivable direction. It would make friends as we walked down the street and by the end of the story there would be apartment buildings nestled in there with little old jewish women hanging out washing on the hairs strung between.

Jacket: Valley Girl
Singlet: Kmart
Skirt: Myer
Socks: Stolen from The Man
Shoes: Ross

2 comments:

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.