Thursday, March 11

Challenge


Today’s outfit was a fun exercise. Last night after staring blankly into my wardrobe I asked The Man to choose a piece that I would then build an outfit around. He chose this shirt (which come to think of it is mustard!) and I went from there.


I had noticed the similarity in the print on these 2 pieces when they were both drying on the line a few weeks back and filed the potential combination in the back of my mind. This challenge was the perfect opportunity to give it a whirl.


There are a lot of my favourite elements at play here. Layers, pattern mixing, visible slip. I also like the strong shoulder that has come together here. The length of the dress sleeves paired with the shape underneath gives it a surprisingly structured silhouette.


Best of all, He loved what I did with it. We’ll definitely do it again, it was a lot of fun. Give it a try, I'd love to hear how you went.

Shirt: Thrifted
Dress: Melrose Ave
Belt: Thrifted
Slip: ?
Shoes: Rubi

4 comments:

  1. Those two florals were made for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I love this idea! I think I'll try it today.

    In other news, YOU ARE SHOCKINGLY GORGEOUS. Love your hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh!!!! Fun! And I love the participation factor!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.