Wednesday, February 24

Poindexter


Oh hi there. Sorry, I didn’t see you come in. I was just brushing up on my Industrial Hydraulic Technology.


New glasses number two Ladies and Gentlemen. How sweet are these? I figure I’ve injected a little fun (sensible, stigmatism related fun) into my every day with these babies.


I wanted to go full nerdy with the outfit today but as I added piece by piece I realised that I’ve gone more “sexy nerdy chick” to quote The Man. Thanks sweetie! Bless boys that love girls in glasses. They’ve been mostly well received around the office. Not that I care what other people think. I like ‘em, who cares what they think? But I do find it funny when people just don’t. quite. get. it.


These shoes are lucky to be here today. I took a spill in them the first time I wore them (at the train station, during peak hour, embarrassed much?) and they were immediately placed in the Goodwill pile. OK, they hurt my feet too. I’m not that fickle. But I think they’re so pretty. And they remind me of something my Grandma would have worn. Plus they have the tiniest little heel that makes my legs just a smidge longer and I know that I’m a lady and don’t need heels to prove it but there’s something about the way your hips sway (which is probably really bad for your back) when you walk in a heel. Really it’s more of a wedge anyway. A little grip on the sole and padding against the toes and they’ll be good as gold mate. Can you tell I’m trying to talk myself back into keeping them? Looks like I don’t take much convincing huh…


Come to think of it, perhaps I was subconsciously inspired by this little diorama that I made out of my new glasses box. There are horses on this cool bangle that Mum gave me. And I certainly sound like one clip clopping around in these shoes.


As an aside, isn’t “whinny” a great word?

Glasses: Spec Savers
Earrings: Diva
Shirt: Target
Singlet: Witchery
Bangle: Gift
Skirt: Target
Shoes: Big W

1 comment:

  1. You do look like a sexy nerdy chick! Two new pairs of glasses? I'm so jealous.

    Also, I took my super tall, super flat boots out in the ice yesterday and fell right on my tush at the end of my block, at the beginning of the day. WOOT! But no way am I giving those babies away. I'll just wait until there's not ice on the ground to wear them.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, leave a comment. Don't be shy.